Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) provides critical training to Canadian healthcare professionals, for the next level of adult emergency cardiovascular care. The Heart and Stroke Foundation ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This course builds on the foundation of basic life support (BLS) skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
The ACLS Provider Manual contains all of the information students need to know to successfully complete the Instructor-led, classroom ACLS Course. It is designed for use by a single student, and as a reference tool before, during and after the course. The manual provides students access to a website containing mandatory and supplemental information and reference materials, including the ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment (must pass with score of 70% or higher), to help them successfully complete the course.
Following are the specifications for the ACLS Provider Manual:
- 8.375” x 10.875”
- Includes 208 pages of full-color images and text
- Bound within a full-color soft cover
- Includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (product #RE5570E; also sold separately)
- Set of 2 cards: ACLS Cardiac Arrest, Arrhythmias & Their Treatment; and ACLS Acute Coronary Syndromes and Stroke)
- Includes 1 (one) sheet of tab labels
- Includes 1 (one) ACLS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card (4” x 6.5”)