The Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS course provides Canadian healthcare professionals critical training necessary to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 Guidelines for CPR and ECC).
This course focuses on a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics to improve the quality of care, resulting in improved outcomes.
The PALS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during and after class. The manual provides students access to a website containing mandatory and supplemental information and reference materials, including the PALS Precourse Self-Assessment (must pass with score of 70% or higher), to help them successfully complete the course.
Following are the specifications for this manual:
· 8.375” x 10.875” manual
· Includes 368 pages of full-color images and text
· Bound within a full-color soft cover
· Includes PALS Pocket Reference Card (product #RE6103E; also sold separately)
· Includes 1 sheet of tab labels
· Includes 1 PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card (4” x 6 1/2”)