The Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS course provides Canadian healthcare professionals critical training necessary to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 Guidelines for CPR and ECC).
This course focuses on a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics to improve the quality of care, resulting in improved outcomes.
The PALS Instructor Manual includes essential information and Lesson Plans that Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS Instructors need to teach the PALS Course
Following are the specifications for this manual:
- 8.375” x 10.875”
- Includes 360 pages of full-color images and text, contained within a full-color soft cover
- Includes ACLS Lesson Plans
- o Full course – 16 Lesson Plans
- o Renewal course – 12 Lesson Plans
- o 108 pages total, including blank, title, and notes pages
Includes Appendix A: 17 Skills Testing and Competency Checklists
Includes Appendix B: 16 Practice and 14 Testing Scenarios Case Scenarios
Includes Appendix C: ECG Rhythms
- Includes 6 (six) divider page tabs
- 3-hole drilled, unbound